Self-regulating trace heating cables for pipe freeze protection or process temperature maintenance up to 65°C
The RAYCHEM BTV range of self regulating trace heating cables is an ideal solution for freeze protection of pipes and vessels and for process temperature maintenance applications without steam-cleaning requirement.
They maintain process temperatures up to 65°C (150°F) and can withstand intermittent exposure temperatures up to 85°C (185°F).
The polyolefin outer jackets (-CR) are suitable for mild inorganic solutions, whereas the fluoropolymer outer jackets (-CT) offer a high chemical resistance against aggressive organics and corrosives.
- 3BTV (9 W/m @ 10°C)
- 5BTV (16 W/m @ 10°C)
- 8BTV (25 W/m @ 10°C)
- 10BTV (29 W/m @ 10°C)
Simplified design in hazardous area
- unconditional T6 temperature classification as specified by European norm EN60079-30-1 (no requirement for sheath temperature calculations / controls)
Fast and easy to install
- multiple overlaps at valves, flanges and on complex piping
- user-friendly connection kits
- meter markings on outer jacket
Safe, reliable and efficient in operation
- no risk of overheating even when crossed
- uniform pipe temperatures and energy savings resulting from the self regulating technology (Further energy savings can be made with various control and monitoring systems)
- safe trace heating of plastic pipes without additional controls, due to the unconditional T6 rating