The 653/Universal cable gland is suitable for use with single wire armour ‘W’, wire braid ‘X’, steel tape armour ‘Z’, elastomer and plastic insulated cables. This cable gland comes with our Reversible Armour Clamp (RAC ring). The cable gland is certified Exdb and Exeb and is suitable for installation in mining applications.
- Suitable for use with cable inner sheaths that are not effectively filled, compact and/or circular, have tape bedding or have hygroscopic fillers.
- For use with cables that exhibit ‘cold flow’ characteristics.
- Suitable for enclosures containing an ignition source.
- Provides a barrier seal between the individual insulated cores within the cable and prevents entry of the products of an explosion into the cable.
- Assembly of the cable gland compresses and distributes the compound evenly to create a barrier seal at the point of entry into the enclosure.
- The compound chamber may be separated from the cured compound to ensure that the chamber has been effectively filled. If required, external voids can be repaired.
- Provides armour clamping, using one clamping arrangement for all armour/braid types.
- Provides a cable retention seal and low smoke and fume, zero halogen seal onto the cables outer sheath.
- Manufactured in Brass (standard), Nickel Plated Brass or 316 Stainless Steel. Brass NPT entries are nickel plated as standard.
Ordering Format [ Gland Type / Size / Thread / Material / Options ]; Example: 653/UNIV / C / M32 / Brass; Example with alternative clamping ring option: 653/UNIV / C / M32 / Brass / AR