The 713 cable gland provides 2 independent seals and a compressable earthing cage for use with continuous corrugated aluminum, and interlocked steel Metal Clad MC and Teck type cables. The first is a flameproof barrier (compound) seal around each individual core, with an additional IP seal on the outer sheath. The cable gland is Dual Certified ATEX – IECEx/ Flameproof Exd / Increased Safety Exe.
- Provides 360° armour grounding which is fully inspectable.
- Grounding device remains in contact with the cable when disassembled for inspection.
- Provides a barrier seal between the individual insulated cores within the cable and prevents entry of the products of an explosion into the cable.
- Assembly of the cable gland/connector compresses and distributes the compound evenly to create a barrier seal at the point of entry into the enclosure.
- Provides an outer deluge seal to prevent moisture ingress to the cable armour and enclosure.
- Deluge seal is coloured red to indicate hazardous locations product.
- Provides a cable retention and low smoke and fume, zero halogen seal onto the cables outer jacket.
Ordering Format [ Gland Type / Size / Male Thread / Female Thread / Material / Options]; Example: 713 / C/ 1″/ NPT/ Brass