The 623 barrier type cable gland is suitable for use with non-armoured elastomer and plastic insulated cables. The cable gland is certified Exdb / Exeb and is suitable for installation in mining applications.
- Suitable for use with cable inner sheaths that are not effectively filled, compact and/or circular, have tape bedding or have hygroscopic fillers.
- For use with cables that exhibit ‘cold flow’ characteristics.
- Suitable for enclosures containing an ignition source.
- Provides a barrier seal between the individual insulated cores within the cable and prevents entry of the products of an explosion into the cable.
- Assembly of the cable gland compresses and distributes the compound evenly to effect a barrier seal at the point of entry into the enclosure.
- The compound chamber may be separated from the cured compound to ensure that the chamber has been effectively filled. If required, external voids can be repaired.
- Provides a cable retention seal onto the cables outer sheath.
- Manufactured in Brass (standard), Nickel Plated Brass or 316 Stainless Steel. Brass NPT entries are nickel plated as standard.
Ordering Format [ Gland Type / Size / Thread / Material / Options ]; Example: 623 / C / M32 / Brass; Example with alternative seal option: 623 / C / M32 / Brass / S