The 755 cable gland provides 2 independent seals for use with armoured jacketed cable, as permitted by the NEC. The first is a flameproof barrier (compound) seal around each individual core, with an additional IP seal on the outer sheath. The cable gland is certified for Explosion Proof / IECEx and ATEX Approved Flameproof Exd / Increased Safety Exe and Restricted Breathing ExnR.
- Provides a barrier seal between the individual insulated conductors within the cable and prevents entry of the products of an explosion into the cable.
- Assembly of the cable gland/connector compresses and distributes the compound evenly to create a barrier seal at the point of entry into the enclosure.
- Provides an outer deluge seal to prevent moisture ingress to the cable armour and enclosure.
- Deluge seal is coloured red to indicate hazardous locations product.
- Provides a cable retention and low smoke and fume, zero halogen seal onto the cables outer jacket.
Ordering Format [ Gland Type / Size / Male Thread / Female Thread / Material / Options]; Example: 755 / C/ 1″/ NPT/ Brass