The ICG 653/Universal cable gland provides two independent seals on armoured, elastomer and plastic insulated cables. The first is a flameproof barrier (compound) seal around each individual core, with an additional IP seal on the outer sheath. This cable gland come with our Reversable Armour Clamp (RAC ring) for use with single wire armour ‘W’, wire braid ‘X’ and steel tape armour ‘Z’ elastomer and plastic insulated cables. The cable gland is dual certified Exd and Exe and is suitable for installation in Zone 1 (21) and Zone 2 (22) hazardous areas.
- Cable inner sheaths that are not effectively filled, compact and/or circular, have tape bedding or have hygroscopic fillers.
- Cables that exhibit ‘cold flow’ characteristics.
- Enclosures containing an ignition source in gas group IIC areas or containing an ignition source in a Zone 1 area.
- Provides a barrier seal between the individual insulated cores within the cable and prevents entry of the products of an explosion into the cable.
- Assembly of the cable gland compresses and distributes the compound evenly to create a barrier seal at the point of entry into the enclosure.
- The compound chamber may be separated from the cured compound to ensure that the chamber has been effectively filled.
- If required, external voids can be repaired.
- Provides armour clamping, using one clamping arrangement for all armour/braid types.
- Provides an outer deluge seal to prevent moisture ingress to the cable armour/braid.
- Provides a cable retention and low smoke and fume, zero halogen seal onto the cables outer sheath.
Ordering Format [ Gland Type / Size / Male Thread / Female Thread / Material / Options]; Example: ICG 653/ UNIV / C/ M32/ Brass; Example with alternativeclamping ring option: ICG 653/ UNIV / C / 1¼” NPT / Brass / AR