Cable Systems Ltd takes your privacy very seriously. This Privacy Notice is intended to set out your rights and answer any queries you may have about your personal data. If you need more information, please contact our data protection point of contact: email@example.com
If you have entered into a contract with Cable Systems Ltd, the controller of your data will be Cable Systems Ltd. Our personal information handling policy and procedures have been developed in line with the requirements of the 1995 European Union Data Protection Directive (Directive 95/46/EC) and the General Data Protection Regulation (in force from 25 May 2018) and the applicable national law.
1. What information do we collect?
We collect and process personal data about you when you interact with us and our products and when you purchase goods and services from us.
The personal data we process includes:
• Your name;
• Your home or work address, email address and/or phone number;
• Your job title;
• Your payment and delivery details, including billing and delivery addresses, where you make purchases from us;
• Information related to the browser or device you use to access our website;
• Internet browser and operating system;
• Recordings of calls you make to our customer service team;
• And/or any other information you provide
• If you are just browsing our website we will not collect personal data, other than your IP address collected through our cookies.
2. How do we use this information and what is the legal basis for this use?
We process the personal data listed in paragraph 1 above for the following purposes:
• As required to establish and fulfil a contract with you, for example, if you make a purchase from us or enter into an agreement to provide products or receive services. This may include verifying your identity, taking payments, communicating with you, providing customer services and arranging the delivery or other provision of goods and services. We require this information in order to enter into a contract with you and are unable to do so without it;
• To comply with applicable law and regulation;
• In accordance with our legitimate business interests in protecting Cable Systems Ltd legitimate business interests and legal rights, including but not limited to, use in conjunction with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purpose (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation);
• With your express consent to respond to any comments or complaints we may receive from you and/or in accordance with our legitimate interests including to investigate any complaints received from you or from others, about our website or our products or services;
• We may use information you provide to personalise(i)our communications to you; (ii)our website; and (iii) products or services for you, in accordance with our legitimate business interests;
• If you provide a credit or debit card, we may also use third parties (such as POS payment providers) to check the validity of the sort code, account number, and card number you submit in order to prevent fraud, in accordance with our legitimate interests and those of third parties;
• We may monitor any customer account to prevent, investigate and or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation security incidents or crime, in accordance with applicable law and our legitimate business interests;
• In circumstances where you contact us by telephone, calls may be recorded for quality, training and security purposes, in accordance with our legitimate interests.
• Cookies are used to collect information, so we can tailor or personalise user experience and monitor our website usage to improve its content, layout and performance in accordance with our legitimate business interests.
3. With whom and where will we share your personal data?
We do not collect any sensitive personal data about you.
We may share your personal data with the below third parties:
• Our professional advisors such as our auditors and external legal and financial advisors;
• Our suppliers for reasons such as direct deliveries and returns of goods
• Search engine and web analytics
Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if needed for the legal protection of our legitimate interest in compliance with applicable laws. Personal data may also be shared with third party service providers who will process it on behalf of Cable Systems Ltd for the purposes above and where it is necessary to administer the relationship between us or where we have a legitimate interest in doing so. Such third parties include but are not limited to, providers of website hosting, maintenance and identity checking, professional advisory services, administration services and banking services.
All of our third-party services providers are required to take commercially reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect your personal data. We only permit our third -party service providers to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We will not share or sell your information for marketing purposes with companies or third parties
In the event that our business or any part of it is sold or integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and those of any prospective purchaser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
4. When will we delete your data?
We will not keep your personal information for any purpose for longer than is necessary and will only retain the personal information that is necessary in relation to the purpose. We are also required to retain certain information as required by law or for as long as is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent and abuse our terms and conditions.
Your personal contact details used in order for us to manage the relationship we have with you will be erased if you leave the company with whom we are providing services for as soon as we are made aware of this via Privacy@cablesystems.co.uk
Where you are a customer, we will keep your information for the length of any contractual relationship you have with us and after that for a period of ten years in line with the purchasing/accounts and Quality Assurance lifecycle.
Where you are a prospective customer and you have expressly consented to us contacting you, such as requesting a quotation, we will only retain your data while you interact with us and for ten years from when you last interacted with us.
In the case of any contact you may have with our customer services team, we will retain those details for as long as necessary to resolve your query and for ten years after the query is closed.
We will retain your data for a short time beyond the specified retention period, to allow for information to be reviewed and any deletion to take place. In some instances, laws may require Cable Systems Ltd to hold certain information for specific periods other than those listed above.
5. Where is my data stored?
The personal data that we collect from you will be stored and backed up securely on our company server held at our UK premises only as part of our IT security. It will not be transferred or stored outside the European Economic Area.
6. Data security?
We have put in place commercially reasonable and appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
We are happy to share our more detailed IT Security Policy with you on request if you are a customer of ours for whom we process personal data. Contact us using the details below.
7. What are my rights in relation to my personal data?
Where you have consented to us using your personal data for a specific purpose you can withdraw that consent for that specific processing at any time.
It is important that the data we hold about you is accurate and current. Should your personal information change or if the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can notify us of any changes of which we need to be aware and ask us to correct or supplement it. Please contact us using the contact details below.
You also have the right, with some exceptions and qualifications, to ask us to provide a copy of any personal data we hold about you. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
If you have a complaint about how we have handled your personal data, you may be able to ask us to restrict how we use your personal data while your complaint is resolved. In some circumstances you can ask us to erase your personal data (a) by withdrawing your consent for us to use it;(b) if it is no longer necessary for us to use your personal data;(c) if you object to the use of your personal data and we don’t have good reason to continue to use it; or (d) if we haven’t handled your personal data in accordance with our obligations.
To withdraw your consent, please email our data protection point of contact Privacy@cablesystems.co.uk
Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your personal information (personal data) for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so.
8. When will we change the Privacy Notice?
We may, from time to time update our security and this Privacy Notice. We suggest that you check this Privacy Notice periodically to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you access this website.
7. Where can I find more information about Cable Systems Ltd handling of my data?
Should you have any queries regarding this Privacy Notice, about Cable Systems Ltd processing of your personal data or wish to exercise your rights you can contact Cable Systems Ltd Privacy Team by using this email address: Privacy@cablesystems.co.uk
You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues, at any time. The ICO’s contact details are as follows:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone – 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 Website – https://ico.org.uk/concerns