The InstrumEx design allows the live mate and de-mating of signal and low power in hazardous areas safely and quickly. This connector is available in 4, 8 and 9 way configurations , up to 2.5mm contacts and allows for a maximum of 250V, 10A. Made from brass nickel plated or stainless steel material it includes an integral cable glands which not only make the connector smaller it also allows it to be cheaper than its competitors while still maintaining the durability required in hazardous area applications.
- Pre-Terminated; Electrical Insert With Key – Easy to assemble electrical insert allows crimped or soldered connections
- Integral Keying – Machined key and keyway ensures connector alignment. Unique 5 position insert keying system prevents cross-mating
- Quick Connect – Unique 4 start ACME thread offers a smooth and quick fully mating action in less than two turns. Earth continuity is achieved via a 360° contact clip
- Keyed Positions – Secondary keying on the actual insert bodies guarantees contact alignment, preventing pin damage
- Anti-rotation – Profiled Spigot and connector body prevent cable rotation, eliminating cable damage.
The 4-way and the 9-way options will accept cores ranging between 0.5mm² and 2.5mm² and can operate up to a maximum current of 10A (AC1) at 250V AC and 2.5A (DC1) 60V DC. The 8-way option, designed predominantly for Ethernet applications, will accept cores ranging between 0.14mm² and 0.37mm² and can carry 1A (AC1) at 60V AC and 0.5A (DC1) 60V DC.For order codes, dimensions, insert selection and dissipated wattage calculations please download the InstrumEx Datasheet from the ‘resources’ section of this page.