The Protecta Category 3 Ex n luminaire combines the strength and integrity of the Category 2 increased safety enclosure with the Category 3 lamp and control gear package used in the Sterling. The range is suitable for T8 tubular fluorescent lamps in the nominal 18W and 36W sizes. A key feature is the Protecta’s rugged duribility. This comes from strength of the enclosure combined with toughened mounting points together and the very high degree of ingress protection. The Protecta offers the facility of four cable entries. The standard range has electronic control gear and all emergency versions come complete with 3 hour battery duration.
- Easy access to suspended control gear tray.
- High frequency control gear gives 50/60Hz operation, high power factor correction and regulation of lamp output.
- dc operation (non-emergency only).
- Vibration tested to comply with Lloyds/ DNV.
- DTS-01 deluge tested.
- End of life (EOL) protection to IEC 60079-7.
The Protecta n utilises the proven strength and integrity as the Protecta III but is certified for use in Zone 2, Zone 21 and Zone 22 hazardous areas. The luminaire is recommended for use in areas where high levels of ingress protection is required.