Hazcon Control Stations
Glass Reinforced Polymer (GRP) & Stainless Steel Control Stations
The Hazcon control station range is a key addition to the Hubbell Harsh and Hazardous product line. Developed to exceed customer expectations, the range further enhances our connection and control solution based product portfolio.
- For use in areas designated Zone 1/21, Zone 2/22, where explosive gases and combustible dusts are present, i.e. petrochemical facilities, power plants, chemical sites and petroleum refineries.
- Fuel processing or storage plants where potential hazards exist
- Wide range of pushbuttons and 2 or 3 way selector switches, for use in actuation and indication of control systems status in remote environments and maintaining operator safety with immediate action Emergency Stop systems
- Ambient temperature operational range -50ºC to +60ºC
- Available in 316 stainless steel or grade 316L or high impact resistant Glass Reinforced Anti-static Polymer
- UL flame retardant rating of V-0 on GRP enclosure
- IP66 ingress protection
- Brass earth continuity plates available for metric size cable entries (GRP version)
- 5 enclosure sizes offering 1 – 6 gang operator options
- LED indicator with 5 coloured lenses (amber, red, blue, green or clear)
- Single and double pushbuttons
- Emergency stop button option – pull or twist to release. Key release option also available
- Silicone gasket on operators and enclosures
- Moulded one piece Silicone gasket on operators and enclosures
- High switch current contact blocks
- LED’s are suitable for multifunction voltages for both AC and DC applications ranging from 12V to 254 volts.
- Easy installation onto structures without removing the enclosure lid
One of the design criteria of the Hazcon range was to achieve a universal solution that met the testing standards of ATEX/ IECEx and UL. Certified by Demko to the ATEX standards and UL to IECEx, Canadian & US standards, the product can be optionally marked cULus for use in both America and Canada. ATEX/IECEx labeled products are also marked EAC and Inmetro, making the product suitable for installation in Brazil, Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan.