The 321/R cable gland provides a seal and cable clamp on the outer cable sheath and is intended for use on non-armoured elastomer and plastic insulated cables. The cable gland is Exe and is suitable for installation in Zone 1 (21) and Zone 2 (22) hazardous areas.
- Provides a cable retention seal onto the cables outer sheath.
- When used in Increased Safety applications, this cable gland may be used with braided cable where the braid and the outer sheath pass into the enclosure.
- The braid must then be suitably terminated inside the enclosure.
- Note: Braided cable is classed as unarmoured cable in the EN/IEC 60079 series standards for Exe applications.
- Cable clamp provides required clamp and cleat function.
Ordering Format [ Gland Type / Size / Male Thread / Female Thread / Material / Options]; Example: 321/R / C / M32 / Brass; Example with alternative seal option: 321/R / C / 1¼” NPT /Brass / S