The PSG 553/RAC cable gland provides two independent seals on armoured, elastomer and plastic insulated cables. The first is a flameproof punch seal that fits and seals around each individual core, with an additional IP seal on the outer sheath. This cable gland come with our Reversable Armour Clamp (RAC ring) for use with single wire armour ‘W’, wire braid ‘X’ and steel tape armour ‘Z’ elastomer and plastic insulated cables. The cable gland is dual certified Exd and Exe and is suitable for installation in Zone 1 (21) and Zone 2 (22) hazardous areas.
- Cable inner sheaths that are not effectively filled, compact and/or circular, have tape bedding or have hygroscopic fillers.
- Cables that exhibit ‘cold flow’ characteristics.
- Enclosures for gas group IIC, under 2 litres in volume and containing an ignition source.
- Enclosures for gas groups IIA or IIB, which are greater than 2 litres in volume and contain an ignition source.
- Provides a barrier seal to the individual insulated cores within the cable and prevents entry of the products of an explosion into the cable.
- The required number of holes for the cores are punched in the seal by means of a special tool to suit the core size.
- Provides armour clamping using one clamping arrangement for all armour/braid types.
- Deluge protection option available contact Hawke Technical Sales for details.
- Provides a cable retention and low smoke and fume, zero halogen seal onto the cables outer sheath.
Ordering Format [ Gland Type / Size / Male Thread / Female Thread / Material / Options]; Example: PSG 553/ RAC / C/ M32/ Brass / Punch Tool No. 1