The Bulldog: Providing a Safe, Portable Heating Solution for Hazardous Areas
The MFH Portable Fan Heater is the world’s first truly portable hazardous area fan assisted heater.
The Bulldog® combines efficient design with simple functionality to provide a portable heating solution for use in hazardous environments where the atmosphere is classified as Zone 1/2 (IIB+H2) or Zone 21/22 (IIIC). Certified to the new EN 80079-36 and EN 80079-37 standards for constructional safety, The Bulldog comes ready to ‘plug and play’ with the option of fitting a plug, or hard wiring to an isolator unit.
The casing is moulded from a steel reinforced polymer which makes The Bulldog tough and durable. Using adjustable feet, the heater can be angled to allow for flexibility in its positioning and, with its compact design, can be easily stored or transported.
The Bulldog can be used with or without ducting to provide a warm stream of air that can be felt metres away, even in ambient temperatures as low as -40°C and up to +40°C. The heater can optionally be fitted with an additional safety device above and beyond the requirements of the certification.
‘The Bulldog’ is trademarked under the European Union Intellectual Property Office registration number 016118069.
- Compact and rigid housing suitable for onshore and offshore usage
- Portable and lightweight, allowing for single user manipulation/operation. Can be supplied on a long flying lead to get heat where you need it
- Up to 6kW. The heater can be directed at an engineer working in a larger space, or at the same time, warm a mid-sized room to a comfortable operating temperature for all within
- The Bulldog’s design increases efficiency, providing a warmer flow of air for the operator at up to 5m
- Suitable for ambient temperatures as low as -40°C and up to +40°C
- Available in T3 and T4 temperature classes