ExLin – LED Luminaires
for hazardous areas
Safe, Reliable, Efficient
(Zone 1, 2)
The efficient solution for your explosion-protected lighting applications
The explosion-protected ExLin series of luminaires is the first explosion-protected series of LED linear luminaires in a modular plastic design. This installation-friendly series of luminaires is efficient, easy to maintain, versatile and robust and, as such, the ideal solution for lighting tasks within harsh and hazardous environment.
Innovative lighting technology for a modular lighting concept
We, a leading manufacturer of explosion-protected luminaires, have created a completely new type of adaptable linear LED luminaire, the ExLin. With light outputs from 2750 lm to 8120 lm, this series of luminaires can be used for almost all lighting concepts. Thanks to the various optics it is possible to create a tailor-made lighting for even the most difficult spaces. In addition, the large temperature range from -40 °C to +55 °C allows their use in various climatic zones and under difficult ambient conditions.
The design and approvals of the luminaires allow their use in hazardous areas in Zone 1, 2, 21 and 22 in the tried-and-tested type of protection Ex e. Thanks to the generously dimensioned and easily accessible terminal compartment, connection is easy.
Advantages of the modular design:
- 4 different types of luminaires with 3 different optics, 4 different covers and one enclosure concept
- Forward-looking modular concept
- The modules are plugged into the enclosure and can also be replaced easily inside the hazardous area. The ballast is freely accessible.
- Easy modification in the event of a change in use of an existing installation.
Simple and cost-effective installation
As is standard with all other CEAG brand linear luminaires, our ExLin series feature a single-end through-wiring that, together with the generously dimensioned terminal compartment, allows a cost-effective installation.
The expected service life of our LED module is L90 ~100.000 h at +25 °C. This is a significant improvement compared to previous lighting solutions.
Specially designed cooling elements for the dissipation of heat from the LEDs ensure a long service life and a higher luminous efficiency.
- Modular design and Ex-e technology for easy servicing and maintenance
- Tried-and- tested technology – the driver and materials have been used for more than 20 years
- Various optics for an optimum illumination
- Extremely long service life of LEDs and drivers
- LED module and driver have U-certification for hazardous areas
- For ambient temperatures from -40 °C to +55°C
Suitable lighting for all applications
- Light output range from 2750 lm to 8120 lm, replaces up to 2×58 W fluorescent linear luminaires
- Various optics available for an optimum illumination of your application (standard, wide and narrow beam)
- Available with clear or opaque cover
- Enclosure design and surface structure for the avoidance of water and dust deposits
- Compact, slim design saves weight and space
Robust luminaire for every application
- Temperature range from -40 °C to +55 °C
- For hazardous areas in Zone 1, 2, 21 and 22
Easy replacement without changing the connection and mounting points
- Replacement of existing eLLK linear luminaires, 2×18 W, 2×36 W, 2×58 W with mounting kit
Easy servicing extends the service life and minimizes the ecological footprint
- Replaceable control gear and LED module
- Maintenance-friendly enclosure; driver easily accessible
- Up to 120 lm/W
- Power factor > 0.9 for the entire series of luminaires
- Service life L90 at 100,000 h